This policy was last modified on August 31, 2021
We at Golay Fils & Stahl SA take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting your personal data.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Swiss Data Protection Act (“DPA”), we may collect and process personal data under the following circumstances:
- When you visit our website (from anywhere in the world)
- When you contact us via email / our website
- When you sign-up for our newsletter
- When you otherwise furnish us with your personal data
- For the proper running of our business, we may pursue our legitimate interests to collect and process personal data.
- We may share your personal data with law enforcement agencies, if and when required.
- When our contractual obligations require us to do so.
1. How your personal data is handled
Personal Data is defined as any information that pertains to a specific individual that can be used to identify that individual. It does not include anonymised data (where the identity has been removed).
2. The Data We Collect About You
When you visit our website and sign-up for our newsletter, we may collect, store, transfer and use your personal data. The following is a list of the data we may collect:
- Personal Identity Data – This may include your title as well as first and last names.
- Contact Data – This may include your postal address, email address(es) and telephone number(s).
- Technical Data – This may include, but not be limited to, your IP (internet protocol) address, the type / version of your web browser and browser plugins, your time zone / location as well as your device’s operating system / platform.
- Website Usage Data – This may include information concerning how you use the golayfils.ch website.
- Data for Marketing / Communications purposes – This may include your email address, first and last names and other information/preferences linked to your receiving email / marketing communications from Golay Fils & Stahl and / or our trusted third-parties.
3. How your personal data is collected
We collect personal data that you voluntarily provide to us, for example when you:
- Communicate with us via e-mail or other channels
- Ask us to send you marketing messages / materials
- Sign up for our newsletter or an event
During your visit on our website, general information is automatically recorded, this may include:
- The frequency of your visits
- The average length of your visits
- The pages you view or share
- The links you click during your visit
- The time you spend viewing specific content of the Website
- Periods of inactivity
- The time zones you access the Website from
- Your language preferences and IP address.
Some of this data is required in order to correctly deliver and optimize the contents of the Website. However, none of this information allows Golay to draw any conclusions about your personal identity.
For security reasons, this Website uses SSL encryption to protect the transmission of confidential content. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from “http://” to “https://”.
4. How Your Personal Data Is Processed
Your personal data will be processed only for the purpose(s) for which it was collected or otherwise authorized by you. We will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal data to any outside parties with the exception of certain trusted third parties (named below) that allow us to operate our website, our email newsletter or otherwise contact you via email. These third parties are subject to a strict data processing agreement.
Our third-party suppliers may process information about you during your visit to our website in order to communicate with you, analyze trends, track your movements around the site and around the internet or to gather other information. Our third-party suppliers adhere to strict guidelines concerning the handling of your personal data and are obliged to comply with EU and/or Swiss standards.
Here is a complete list of our third-party suppliers and their privacy policies:
MailChimp https://mailchimp.com provides us with email newsletter and email notification services. When signing up for our email newsletter, your email address will be transferred, stored and processed in the United States of America, where this provider has its servers. To learn more, click here.
You can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available here.
Further information concerning Google’s terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found here.
5. Purposes for which we use your personal data
- To respond to questions, complaints or other queries
- To manage our relationship with you
- To communicate with you via email and email newsletter
- To update our CRM database and improve your customer service experience
- To comply with a legal obligation to which we may be subject to
- For other legitimate business purposes
6. How long your personal data is retained
We will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected and to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in case of a complaint or if we deem there is a reasonable chance of a legal requirement.
7. How your personal data is protected
In order to ensure that your personal data is secure and to prevent and avoid any unauthorised access or disclosure, we have implemented suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and the information we may collect about you.
You can ask us to cease sending you our email newsletter or other marketing messages at any time using the opt-out links contained in the email newsletter or marketing message sent to you, or by contacting us at any time.
9. Disclosure of your personal data
Golay will not share your personal data with any third parties unless:
- Necessary to protect your interests or to the proper running of our business relationship with you
- You have given your prior consent
In any case, all third parties are required to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. Our third-party service providers are only allowed to process your personal data for the purposes of which we have instructed them. They are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes.
10. Your rights with regards to your personal data
Dependent on applicable data protection laws and the circumstances, at any time you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Request the deletion of your personal data
You may also file a request to restrict or object to processing of your personal data. Data which we are obliged to preserve for legal or other lawful reasons is not affected.
If you are in disagreement with how we process your personal data, or if you are not satisfied with a response we give to your queries about your personal data, you have the right to report this to the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) and/or to other competent supervisory authorities in the European Union.
You will not be asked to pay a fee to access your personal data or to exercise any of the other rights. However, if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, we may charge you a reasonable fee to defray the costs of treating your request. Alternatively, we may decline to comply with your request in these circumstances.
As a security measure, upon making your request we may ask you to provide us with specific information in order to help us confirm your identity and ensure you have the right to access the personal data in question and/or to exercise any of your other rights. This is done to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to someone who does not have the right to access it.
11. No Warranty
Golay cannot guarantee the accuracy, reliability, timeliness or completeness (either explicitly or implicitly) of the content displayed. In no case shall Golay be liable for any loss or damage sustained or arising out of or in connection with the use of information on this site, unless it was caused intentionally or was the result of gross negligence on our part.
Golay neither assumes responsibility for, nor provides any warranty for the website in terms of:
- The functionality
- It being interrupted, free of error(s), for errors to be repaired
- The server being free of viruses and/or other harmful components or programs
This website may contain links to third-party websites and whose providers are not associated with us. As we have no influence over the content or behaviour of these third-parties, clicking on such links is your own responsibility and is undertaken at your own risk. Golay refuses to accept any liability regarding the content and any potential damage caused during visits to sites to which this site leads through hyperlinks.
12. Contact information and dispute resolution
In order to maintain the security of your personal data, any and all requests to view or modify your data must be sent in writing, along with a copy of your valid ID card or passport, to email@example.com. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints or disputes regarding the use or disclosure of personal information in accordance with the principles contained in this Policy and will endeavour to respond to you within a period of 30 days.
For complaints that cannot be resolved, we have agreed to participate in the dispute resolution procedures of the Swiss or European Data Protection Laws. Furthermore, you may file a complaint with the supervising data protection authorities of your country.
Personal Data Supervisor:
Golay Fils & Stahl
1 Place des Bergues
This email address only responds to enquiries concerning data protection. Please use either French or English when communicating.
What are cookies ?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. The cookies are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make the website more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
As most of the online services, our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for a number of purposes. The first-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our websites are used mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience.
What types of cookies do we use ?
Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information.
Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit etc. These data help us understand and analyze how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing contents on the website on social media platforms.
Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.